The Mansfield Public Schools is pleased to announce that we are in the process of implementing Google Apps for Education in our District for students, faculty and staff.
What is Google Apps for Education?
Google Apps for Education is a suite of web-based applications hosted by Google. Google provides these application as a "service" rather than as a software that you have to download and install. To access these applications, you simply use a web browser on any computer connected to the Internet.
What Does Google Apps for Education Include?
The core services included in Google Apps for Education are:
What Are The Benefits of Google Apps for Education?
Key benefits of Google Apps for Education include:
- Improved Access - Students, staff and faculty can access their Google Apps for Education account from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Completely Free - Google Apps for Education is provided free to schools with 24/7 support and is completely ad free.
- Improved Collaboration - Students, faculty and staff can create, share and edit documents in real time allowing for improved collaboration.
- Lower Infrastructure Costs - Google Apps is a hosted solution which reduces our internal infrastructure costs.
- Increased Storage - Unlimited storage for email and files
Where Can My Student Learn More About Google Apps?
The Google Apps Training Center is the best place for your student to learn more. Through short, directed videos on a selected topic, your student can get quick "how to" answers to questions they may have. Please refer to the Google Apps Training Center Guide for information on accessing this resource
Is Google Apps for Education Data Secure?
Google has signed the Student Privacy Pledge to safeguard student privacy.
Please refer to Google's Privacy and Security page for detailed information.